The personal data controller is La Marzocco S.r.l., tax-payer identification, VAT and Florence Companies' Register no. 04040140487, with registered office at Viale Giacomo Matteotti, 25, 50121 - Florence (FI), Italy (hereinafter “LM”), which appointed as data processor the interim manager of the ICT service, with address for this purpose at the place of business located at Via La Torre 14/H, Località La Torre, 50038 - Scarperia (FI), Italy, whom users may contact by writing to the following email address: email@example.com.
Personal data means information which may be used to identify an individual and/or to contact such individual.
How personal data is collected
Personal data is collected in two ways:
- Information provided by users. For example, many of our services require the creation of an LM account. In order to create an account users are asked to provide personal information such as, for example, their name, date of birth, email address or credit card details.
- Information which is collected when users use our services. Information may be collected on the services used by you and on the manner of your access. This information includes:
- Information on the device used to access the website.
- We may collect specific information on the device (for example, device type, mobile network information).
- Log information.
- details of how you use our service, such as search queries.
- Information on your Internet connection such as IP address and all data related to it.
- Device event information such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type and language, the date and time of your requests and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your LM account.
- Location information
- Unique application numbers
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
While users use our services or view the contents provided by LM, we may collect and automatically store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
When you use a location-enabled LM service, we may collect and process information about your current position, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Certain services have a unique application number. The number and installation information (for example the type of operating system and application version number) may be sent to LM when users install or uninstall that service or when the service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
How personal data is used
- We may use the personal information we collect to keep you informed on the latest LM products, on software upgrades concerning LM products and/or upcoming events. If you do not want to be included in our mailing list, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- We may use the personal information we collect also to develop, provide and/or improve our products, services and contents.
- We may periodically use the personal information we collect to send important notices, such as notices with respect to purchases and/or changes to our terms, as well as to our conditions and policies.
- We may also use the personal information we collect for internal purposes, testing, data analysis and/or research to improve LM products, services and customer communication.
Collection and use of non-personal data
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- we may, for example, collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location and time zone where an LM product is used so that we can get a better understanding of customer behavior and so improve our products, services and advertising material.
- We may also gather other optional data on the use and location of our products.
Disclosure to third parties
LM has the option of making available certain personal information to its employees, assistants, consultants or to strategic partners that work with LM to provide products and services or that help LM market to customers.
Transfer of data abroad
LM has the option of transferring personal information to European Union countries and to countries outside the European Union.
It may be necessary (by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence) for LM to disclose your personal information.
Security and protection of personal information
LM takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal information is stored by LM, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using appropriate security measures.
Integrity and Retention of personal information
Accessing and updating your personal information
You can help ensure that your preferences and your contact information are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account. We will provide you with access to your personal information held by LM, so that you may perform any task you want, such as request the correction of inaccurate information or its deletion unless LM is required to keep that information by law or for legitimate business purposes. LM may decline to process requests that are emulative, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely unpractical or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
The data subjects of any personal information collected by us have the rights provided under article 7 of Legislative Decree no.196/2003 “Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali” [Italian Privacy Act], including the right to verify their source and accuracy, to request the correction, deletion, blocking of such information.
Third party websites and services